From House of Hozz
|The general idea is nailed down, details are flexible.|
The cosmos is seperated into the "real world" that people will be fairly farmiliar with, and TwinWorld. The door Oswald installs is one of the few pathways between the two, though the Fay and Zarth can occasionally make other portals and temporary connections.
There may be other worlds as well, but currently only Earth and TwinWorld are conceptualized.
Transporting material between worlds
How do we want to deal with moving things between Earth and TwinWorld?
Industry, explosives, and gasoline
Ben has a sort of ideal for an industrial society that exists without explosives or fossil fuels, and which is embodied in the Zarth. However, what happens when these materials or tools are brought over from Earth to TwinWorld? Can they transport anything like this? Are materials changed into their equivalent?
There is a lot of lore about fairy treasures turning to leaves and acorns when the fairies have left. Perhaps we can use this for transporting materials from TwinWorld to Earth. Everything carried is changed into mundane and fairly useless stuff when it gets back to Earth. Twigs, dry leaves, soil, old tin cans, coat hangers, rusty cogs. This would lend to the "imaginary" quality of TwinWorld, since anything brought back would have a resemblance, but not the function, of it's former self in TwinWorld.
Fayrie and Zarth
I know this isn't where it goes, but I can't figure a good way to categorize this.
We have been talking a lot about how the Fay and the Zarth interact. So lets see if I got all the ideas down.
- The Zarth don't care about Fayrie. This makes no sense because domination and exploration are extremely masculine. Oswald
- The Zarth invaded and took over Fayrie. It is currently under a occupation. However this has no effect on the life style of the Fay themselves.
- The Zarth have tried to invade, but whenever they show up with hostile intentions the Fay use their magics to defuse the onslaught. (i.e. the Zarth find themselves lost, the zarth are caused to "really just not feel like it anymore", the trees themselves wall off thier movement, or whatever)
- The Zarth often explore Fay, but they haven't taken it over because it has no use to them.
- What level of awareness do people have in the "real world" of Faierie?
- What level of weirdness goes on in (or leaks into) the "real world"?